Friday, September 13, 2013

Alexandria's Genesis

Elizabeth Taylor didn't have to shave? (Warning: Bad Language at Link)



No shaving, no periods, purple eyes?! Are you kidding me? This sounds like the best deal ever!

This is one of those pins that you come across and think, "...Really?"  I mean, who would fall for that?  

Lots of folks, apparently, who would probably be very disappointed to find out that it's a false mutation.  

The best part about this pin, is that unlike other pins where it's very hard to track down who first made the mistake (or who first made up the deception), there is an entire web page devoted to explaining the origin of Alexandria's Genesis.  It's a really good read, and I recommend that if you thought even for a moment that Alexandria's Genesis was a real thing, you go peruse it.  Here's a sample:

"Nearly 15 years ago (circa 1998), I was a huge fan of Daria, MTV’s favourite high school cynic. I had also discovered fan fiction then, and when I found some related to my favourite show, I wanted to leave my mark.
I just didn’t know my mark would be the size of a logic-bomb crater."

So there you have it; Alexandria's Genesis is just the fantasy of a fanfiction writer that took on a life of its own through the wishful thinking of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment