Friday, August 23, 2013

Chalkboard Paint on a Cookie Sheet


"YES!!! Chalkboard paint on a cookie pan....you can also put magnets on it."


This is circulating pretty widely, and with good reason - this is a lovely picture and the description sounds like something that would be easy to do!

Bad news, guys, this picture is NOT of a cookie pan.  It's a frame with the glass painted with black chalkboard paint.  Not magnetic in the slightest.  Oh, and the URL on the pin doesn't even go directly to this post; it goes to the correct blog, but then you have to page through all the posts tagged with Cricut.  Kind of annoying.

If anyone tries the "chalkboard paint on a cookie sheet" idea and has good luck, I'd love to hear about it.  I have a couple of concerns that are keeping me from wanting to invest the time in that project.  I have my doubts about whether most cookie sheets are magnetic (many are aluminum, which does not attract magnets), and I also wonder how well chalkboard paint would hold up to having magnets used on it - in my experience, sliding magnets over paint tends to scrape off the paint.  It would suck to do this as a gift for someone and have the magnets either fall right off or tear up the chalkboard paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment